Feed Demon 220.127.116.11 RC11
Looking for a great way to view and manage your RSS feeds from your desktop? Look no further than FeedDemon, the most popular Windows RSS reader.
Bring the power of RSS right to your Windows desktop with FeedDemon News Aggregator:
- Get your news and information instantly.
- Customize the way you read and organize feeds.
- Download podcasts to your iPod or Windows Media Player.
- The "Panic Button" detects when you have a ton of unread items and offers to mark them (or a subset of them) as read
The easy-to-use interface makes it a snap to stay informed with the latest news and information. You can completely customize the way feeds are organized and displayed. Set up custom news watches based on keywords or use the powerful search to find articles. You can even download podcasts and audio files and have them show up on your portable audio device. In addition, FeedDemon synchronizes with NewsGator Online and the rest of the NewsGator RSS Suite. The software is pre-configured with dozens of feeds, so you can unleash the power of RSS right away.
* Added: Performance improvements when browsing inside FeedDemon, and when FeedDemon is restored after being minimized
* Added: "Download additional languages" added to Languages submenu (page will be updated with available language files after the final release of v3.0)
* Added: FeedDemon now checks whether you have over 2000 unread items in Google Reader, and if so it asks whether to mark some of them as read before synching (similar to the "Panic Button," but items are marked read in Google Reader directly)
* Changed: FeedDemon now warns before adding a tag with the same name as an existing folder (necessary since Google Reader treats folders as tags)
* Changed: When an item is shared, it's no longer marked unread when added to your shared items
* Changed: Removed the workaround added in build 18.104.22.168 to resolve problem where Google Reader sends FeedDemon more starred items than it actually has (apologies for people who are experiencing this problem, but the workaround was preventing other customers from getting older starred items)
* Changed: "Open new tabs in the background" has been removed and replaced with "Always switch to new tabs when they are created" to more closely mimic default browser behavior (links are opened in a background tab when CTRL is held unless this setting is enabled)
* Fixed: Flag icons appearing in various places where star icons should appear
* Fixed: Double-clicking the news item list opens the wrong external link if the mouse is moved before the second click completes
* Fixed: Exception caused by feeds updating while database is being compacted
* Fixed: "Update Shared Items" context menu item doesn't work
* Fixed: Unicode favorites don't display correctly and fail to navigate to URL
* Fixed: In rare cases, FeedDemon would stop synching until it's restarted
* Fixed: Watches appear to miss new items in synched feeds
* Fixed: Crash at startup if cache folder no longer exists
* Fixed: When renaming a synched tag, the tag gets renamed in FeedDemon even when it fails to be renamed in Google Reader
* Fixed: FeedDemon fails to show synched tags that have the same name as a synched folder but use different casing (ex: "local" vs "Local")