DC++ is an open source client for Windows for the Direct Connect network. Direct Connect allows you to share files over the Internet without restrictions or limits. The client is completely free of advertisements and has a nice, easy to use interface. Firewall and router support is integrated and it is easy and convenient to use functionality like multi-hub connections, auto-connections and resuming of downloads.
DC++ offers these improvements over its predecessors:
- Much more stable. DC++ wastes less memory, is faster, file size is smaller and long queue won't freeze the whole program. Neo-Modus Direct Connect eats memory and resources.
- You can connect to many hubs at same time and search for files from all of them with same search.
- You can continue downloading the same file from other users if somebody leaves.
- You can see timestamps in the chat. Chat won't jump to end when you roll back old messages.
- Bot messages wont popup new windows, you can also filter bot messages out.
- No Ads.
- Search is more versatile.
- Hublist is downloadable from multiple servers/sources.
* Stability improvement related to menus
* [L#539992] Shell menus for directories when browsing own file list
* Parse separators in titles of user command param boxes
* Fix painting issues with /clear
* Smooth text-box menus
* Add user commands to the chat menu
* OpenSSL 0.9.8n - defends against a remote crash
* [L#548743] Fix broken share regression on non-Windows systems
* Fix 'Share hidden files' checkbox value saved to a wrong setting
* [L#562099] Fix encoding problems
* [L#556011] Respect the font style in chat windows
* [L#551319] Add %[fileMN] to user command params
* Magnet links are now produced with a size (xl) param
* [L#505450] Extend %[line:] to create combo boxes
* Compilation fixes for OpenSolaris
* Help updates
* [L#550300] Fix a possible file corruption
* [L#551184] Fix unnecessary move of downloaded filelists
* [L#556853] Fix sharing a whole drive (root folder) was impossible in random cases
* [L#559544] Don't clear multiline boxes with Ctrl+Alt+A
* [L#545264] Correct ADC hub counts
* Add an "Elapsed" column in finished transfer windows
* [L#539841] Network settings arrangements
* [L#556799] Fix positioning and possible queue problems with downloaded file lists
* Refresh open file lists when they are being opened again