AMD Catalyst Drivers XP 9.5 XP
AMD's award-winning Catalyst graphics and HD video configuration software delivers unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics processors. AMD Catalyst drivers deliver stable performance and push the limits of innovation with advanced user-oriented features.
Precision controls for power users. Tweaks for gamers and video enthusiasts. Simple wizard-assisted setup, easy multi-monitor configuration, and ultra reliable operation for working professionals. New user or seasoned expert, AMD Catalyst puts you in charge of The Ultimate Visual Experience.
- AMD Catalyst updates are focused on improving graphics performance, including enhancements for popular Direct3D and OpenGL game titles.
Innovative and exciting features
- AMD Catalyst includes the AMD Catalyst Control Center, delivering innovative features and unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics.
- Catalyst drivers for Windows Vista and Windows XP are Microsoft WHQL-certified to deliver the industry's most stable and reliable graphics performance.
This version is for the 32-bit version of Windows XP and 2003
Catalystâ„¢ 9.5 brings performance benefits in several cases where framerates are CPUlimited.
Some measured examples are:
* Unigine Tropics DX9 â€“ performance gains of up to 11% for single GPU and ATI
CrossFireXâ„¢ configurations with anti-aliasing enabled
* Company of Heroes â€“ performance gains of up to 10% for both single GPU and ATI
* BattleForge â€“ performance gains of up to 10% for ATI CrossFireXâ„¢ configurations
Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System
* Windows 7 default driver may take a long time to start on some integrated ASICs
* Both LCD and CRT may go blank when hotplugging the CRT to the system, and will not recover until it is switched to discrete GPU
* Catalyst Control Center may stop responding when Windows Hotkeys have been assigned
* Catalyst Control Center: On "Available Display Devices" detection page, when selecting the secondary display, the radio button is not greyed out for the monitor already chosen as the main display
* "Fan Speed Control" may change to default settings when Crossfire is enabled/disabled
* Catalyst Control Center: At the end of the auto-tuning, it might not report that the process has completed successfully
* Fan Speed Control is missing in OverDrive5 aspect
* On some systems the Catalyst Control Center Over drive pages may fail to display
* Audio Control Panel might show the HDTV entry even when unplugged
* Audio Control Panel might not reflect configuration change from 7.1 Audio to Stereo
* Corruption might be observed in some OGL games with Super Anti-Alias and "Show
CrossfireX" enabled on 3-4 display configurations
Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
* Dropped frames may be noticed while playing certain Blu-ray interlaced content
* "World in Conflict": Blank screen may be observed after the introduction trailer
* On some PowerExpress systems a secondary display may be displayed for single
* Moving a video clip across an extended desktop may cause the desktop to flicker or the media player to stop functioning ATI Catalystâ„¢ Release Note Version 9.5 6
* Device manager mistakenly identifies the adapter as Standard VGA Adapter for some ASICs
* "Yes" and "No" buttons might disappear while moving confirmation windows on
desktop during driver installation