AMD Catalyst Drivers Vista 64 12.6 Vista 64
AMD's award-winning Catalyst graphics and HD video configuration software delivers unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics processors. AMD Catalyst drivers deliver stable performance and push the limits of innovation with advanced user-oriented features.
Precision controls for power users. Tweaks for gamers and video enthusiasts. Simple wizard-assisted setup, easy multi-monitor configuration, and ultra reliable operation for working professionals. New user or seasoned expert, AMD Catalyst puts you in charge of The Ultimate Visual Experience.
- AMD Catalyst updates are focused on improving graphics performance, including enhancements for popular Direct3D and OpenGL game titles.
Innovative and exciting features
- AMD Catalyst includes the AMD Catalyst Control Center, delivering innovative features and unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics.
- Catalyst drivers for Windows Vista and Windows XP are Microsoft WHQL-certified to deliver the industry's most stable and reliable graphics performance.
This version is for the 64-bit version of Vista.
# Feature Highlights
* Dual Graphics enhancements – new application profiles for DirectX 9 applications
- Supported Dual Graphics configurations:
> AMD Accelerated Processors for Desktop PCs
^ AMD Radeon™ HD 7660D (A10-5800K)
^ AMD Radeon™ HD 7660D (A10-5700)
^ AMD Radeon™ HD 7560D (A8-5600K)
^ AMD Radeon™ HD 7560D (A8-5500)
> Notebooks with AMD Accelerated Processors
^ AMD Radeon™ HD 7660G (A10-4600M)
- AMD Accelerated Processors for Desktop PCs
> AMD Radeon™ HD 7660G (A10-4600M)
> AMD Radeon™ HD 7640G (A8-4500M)
> AMD Radeon™ HD 7520G (A6-4400M)
- New profiles have been added for the following titles:
> Diablo 3
> Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
> StarCraft 2
> Portal 2
> Call of Duty Modern Warfare
> Call of Duty Black Ops
# Resolved Issues for the Windows 7
* CERT recently approached AMD with information pertaining to what they believed to be a possible video driver vulnerability exposed by non-default settings of the Microsoft Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET). EMET is a security test tool that allows system administrators to create test conditions to validate correct behavior of system components or indicate potential weak points.
- The AMD Catalyst 12.6 driver for the AMD Radeon HD 7000, AMD Radeon HD 6000, and AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series is designed to resolve a possible video driver vulnerability issue and to minimize the occurrence of system crashes.
* AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800 Eyefinity/Multiple Display configurations - BSOD when using desktop applications.
* AMD Catalyst 12.6 includes some additional fixes(not found in the AMD Catalyst 12.6 Beta) for the AMD Radeon™ HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800, and AMD Radeon HD 7700 graphics cards for issues related to the GPU hanging when the system goes to sleep. Please ensure that your System BIOS is up to date. Some occurrences of this issue may be related to an outdated System BIOS.
* Heroes and Generals - Blocky corruption in scenes with smoke effects when run in DirectX 11 mode.
* AMD Radeon™ HD 7900 CrossFire Configuration – system hang after cinematics in Call of Duty: Black Ops.
* AMD A4, AMD A6, AMD A8 and AMD A10 APU Products - crashes after repeated toggling between VGA and HDMI monitors.
* System hangs after playing various DVD and Bluray titles with PowerDVD.
* Video corruption seen after playing some DivX video clips using Windows Media Center.
* AMD Radeon 7800 series products: Crysis 2 hangs when run in DirectX 9 mode.
* AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800 Eyefinity/Multiple Display configurations - BSOD when using desktop applications in DirectX 11 mode.
# Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System
* Call of Duty: Black Ops - Poor game performance experienced when run in Tridef mode with in-game AA enabled.