AMD Catalyst Drivers Vista 64 11.8 Vista 64
AMD's award-winning Catalyst graphics and HD video configuration software delivers unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics processors. AMD Catalyst drivers deliver stable performance and push the limits of innovation with advanced user-oriented features.
Precision controls for power users. Tweaks for gamers and video enthusiasts. Simple wizard-assisted setup, easy multi-monitor configuration, and ultra reliable operation for working professionals. New user or seasoned expert, AMD Catalyst puts you in charge of The Ultimate Visual Experience.
- AMD Catalyst updates are focused on improving graphics performance, including enhancements for popular Direct3D and OpenGL game titles.
Innovative and exciting features
- AMD Catalyst includes the AMD Catalyst Control Center, delivering innovative features and unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics.
- Catalyst drivers for Windows Vista and Windows XP are Microsoft WHQL-certified to deliver the industry's most stable and reliable graphics performance.
This version is for the 64-bit version of Vista.
# New Features
* AMD Overdrive has been enhanced to include both CPU and GPU over-clocking controls within the AMD Vision Control Center
* CPU over-clocking is only supported on AMD Black edition CPUs
# Performance Highlights
* Improves performance up to 10% in Crysis 2 DirectX 11 version for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
* Improves performance up to 8% in Fear 3 DirectX 11 version with application enabled Anti-Aliasing on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
* Improves performance up to 30% when AMD’s Morphological Anti-Aliasing (MLAA) is enabled through the Catalyst™ Control Center on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
* Improves performance up to 20% in Call of Duty Black Operations for single GPU and Multi-GPU configurations on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
# Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista
* PowerDVD no longer randomly displays a blank screen when playing back BluRay content with Crossfire enabled.
* BSOD errors are no longer intermittently experienced after installing the driver with Crossfire enabled.
# Resolved Issues for the Windows 7
* The option to “Apply current video quality settings to internet video" is no longer randomly missing from the AMD Catalyst™ Control Center / AMD Vision™ Engine Control Center.
* 3DMark 11 no longer intermittently generates a BSOD error when run using a standard user account.
* Playing HD video content overnight using Windows Media Center no longer causes the system to hang or generates a BSOD error.
* Random graphical corruption is no longer experienced when playing Crysis 2 in a Crossfire environment.
* Image stabilization is now correctly applied to DivX clips when using Windows Media Player.
* Enabling AntiAliasing when playing Starcraft 2 no longer causes random screen blackouts.
* Video corruption is no longer seen when scrolling through DivX 5 video files using Windows Media Center and Windows Media Player.
* Menu corruption is no longer seen when running F.E.A.R 3 in DirectX 11 mode.
* Video playback now functions correctly after enabling hardware acceleration in VLC version 1.1.10.