AbiWord 2.7.4 Beta
AbiWord is a free word processing program similar to Microsoft® Word. It is suitable for a wide variety of word processing tasks.
Enjoy your favorite Word Processor on the operating system you like to use - be it Windows, Linux, QNX, FreeBSD or Solaris.
AbiWord is able to read and write all industry standard document types, such as OpenOffice.org documents, Microsoft Word documents, WordPerfect documents, Rich Text Format documents, HTML web pages and many more.
Advanced Document Layout
Give your document that professional, scientific or fun-to-read look using AbiWord's advanced document layout options. Use tables, bullets, lists, images, footnotes, endnotes and styles to enhance the way your document looks.
AbiWord comes in many different languages. AbiWord is available in most common and many not-so-common languages. Dictionaries exist for over 30 languages.
* Bug 12125: Crash when printing documents twice (Marc Maurer)
* Bug 12127: Incorrect page size when printing more than one page (Marc Maurer)
* Improve the layout and printing of complex Word documents (Martin Sevior)
* Fix a GLib warning in the graphics code (Hubert Figuiere)
* Fix the insertion of 'p' characters (Hubert Figuiere)
* Fix a font mix-up to make tables of contents and lists print as they appear on screen (Marc Maurer)
* Update the Slovak (sk-SK) translation (Jaroslav Rynik)
* Bug 12128: Crash when closing a collaborative document (Marc Maurer)
* Add an mwindows flag to the MinGW build (Fridrich Strba)
* Document some layout functions (Marc Maurer)
* Fix a Maemo 4.0 header compilation issue (Hubert Figuiere)
* Release and maintain 2.7.4 (Marc Maurer)
* Replace AC_CANONICAL_TARGET with AC_CANONICAL_HOST in the configure script (Fridrich Strba)